Following on from my last post (in which I managed to do quite well with a 500 point tournament using Rivendell), this was the 3rd tournament in a 4 part Escalation League called "To War!" Put on by some very fine folks and hosted at Your Hobby Place in Fredericksburg Virginia.
My list this time around:
Game One: Sieze the Prize vs Arik (Azog's Hunters)
|You can see a Bolg sized hole on the left, while the White Warg is poised to make a break for it on the right.|
Game Two: Storm the Camp vs John's Iron Hills
Game Three Breakthrough vs Bill's Survivors of Laketown and Mirkwood
Closing Thoughts & Lessons Learned
|Really glad I have my eyes closed in this shot.|
- I thought if a model was partially in/partially out of a woods and cavalry charged them, the defending model still got the benefit of the wood (or, rather, the cavalry didn't get their charge bonuses). This is a holdover from games like Flames of War where a unit even partially in area terrain received benefits.
- Bow shots are line of sight from the top of the model's head... this means Cavalry that sits taller can typically shoot over infantry models that are close, but not in base to base.
- Don't forget to declare channeling at the start of the move step! I am not in good practice at that.
- You can ride your full speed and then dismount at the end of the move to pick up relics like in Seize the Prize.
- One round I feinted with my Rivendell Knight which, of course, means I cannot get my Lance bonus. Just a sloppy play- thankfully I had ALSO cast Enchanted Blades on him so the re-rolls on my lance were still kosher. Sloppy sloppy sloppy.